NILGA, with the support of the Local Government Training Group (LGTG), invites Elected Members to an online training session on the planning system in NI.
This session will improve councillors understanding and confidence in:
• Development management, the planning process and the role of councillors
• Plan making and the role of councillors
• Place shaping: linking local development planning, community planning and other related activities
• The Statutory Appeals system and best practice
• Maladministration charges to the Ombudsman and Judicial Review
Elected Members meaningful participation in planning is key to the delivery of the council’s vision for their area. By engaging in this session councillors will develop their understanding of:
• Council planning powers, why they are important, how to use them and support available
• Making robust and defensible decisions about the future of their council area.
• Ensuring Council are targeting resources in the most impactful way
Hosted by NILGA with support from the LGTG, this session is open to all Elected Members, officers and interested stakeholders. The session will be delivered online via Zoom, details will be provided to all registered delegates. To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Northern Ireland local government association (NILGA) endeavours to ensure that the information contained within our website, policies and other communications is up to date and correct. We do not, however, make any representation that the information will be accurate, current, complete, uninterrupted or error free or that any information or other material accessible from or related to NILGA is free of viruses or other harmful components. NILGA accepts no responsibility for any erroneous information