NILGA, in partnership with SOLACE, the Association of Local Government Finance Officers, CIPFA and with the support of the Local Government Training Group (LGTG), invites Elected Members to an online Masterclass on Local Government Finance.
This session will improve councillors understanding, participation and confidence in:
• The Sustainability of Councils
• Mitigating Against the Worst Impacts of a Post Pandemic Recession
• Importance of Finance in Strategic Planning
• The Local Government Finance System and Legislative requirements
• Financial Scrutiny and Challenge
• Innovation and Transformation
Local government exists to provide a range of services that improves the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of your area. Expenditure on these services is allocated using a complex financial system, which can be difficult to understand. Participation on this masterclass will de-mystify this complex system and help you to help local government target resources in the most impactful way, based on robust defensible decision making.
Hosted by NILGA with support from the LGTG, this session is open to all Elected Members, officers and interested stakeholders.