Councillor Stevie Corr Chair
Network Members - Cllr Stevie Corr (BCC) Chair, Cllr Julie Flaherty (ABC) Vice-Chair, Cllr Alison Bennington (A&N), Cllr Eddie Thompson (A&ND), Cllr Sam Nicholson (ABC), Cllr Shauneen Baker (BCC), Ald William McCandless (CCG), Cllr Martin Reilly (D&S), Cllr Glenn Campbell (F&O), Cllr Jenny Palmer (LCCC) and Cllr Robert Logan (MEA).
- Lobbying for the necessary (and still outstanding) legislation, guidance and support for councils in relation to planning and regeneration e.g. Regeneration Bill, SPPS, continued concern re transfer of functions funding. Future proofing NI Infrastructure.
- Democratic Scrutiny of: Departmental and partner organisation input into the design delivery and resourcing of planning, regeneration, roads, water, transport, energy and communications infrastructure, climate change adaptation activity, SuDS, parks and open space provision
- Monitoring the progress of the relationship between DfI and councils on planning and infrastructure e.g. on place-shaping, the Planning Portal, roads closures, roads maintenance and statutory consultee activity. Monitoring the progress of the relationship between councils DfC, NIHE and other housing providers in relation to housing supply and allocation
- Monitoring ongoing member capacity building requirements.
- Design and provision of necessary regional member development events.
- Assisting in the wider work on the new elected member role and code of conduct.
- Continued development of a partnership role for local government within an integrated govt approach.
- Strategic Partners - SIB, SNI, FSB & Stratagem
- Key Ministers - Infrastructure, Communities, Economy, Agriculture Environment and Rural Affairs
- Linked Bodies: DfI, DfC, SOLACE, Heads of Planning Group, Strategic Planning Group, Strategic Design Group, PfG Housing Indicator Steering Group, NIFHA, PLACE, RTPI, MAGNI & RDC.